Shadows of the Millenium
Name: Clarence Garn
Occupation: US Congressman, Chairman of the Homeland Security Subcommittee on Emerging Threats, Cybersecurity, Science and Technology, and former astronaut
Attributes: Strength 1, Dexterity 2, Constitution 2, Intelligence 3, Perception 2, Willpower 4
Secondary Attributes: Life Points 22, Endurance 26, Speed 4, Essence 14
Qualities: Influence (Civilian 4), Influence (Intelligence) 1, Influence (Law Enforcement) 1, Influence (Military) 1, Influence (Science & Research) 1, Resources 8, Status (Rich Congressman) 8
Drawbacks: Notoriety (Elected Official) 2, Obligation (Elected Official) 1, Prosthetic Leg 2, Psink 4, and Vulnerable (Fatigue) 1
Pulling Strings: Attorney, Mobility, and Security Protocols
Skills: Acting 1, Acrobatics 1, Bureaucracy 3 (Pulling Strings +2), Computers 1, Dancing (Waltz) 1, Demolitions 1, Driving (Car) 1, Electronic Surveillance 1, Guns (Handgun) 1, Haggling 1, Humanities (Law) 2, Intimidation 1 (Brow Beating Bureaucrats +2), Notice 2, Piloting [Space Shuttle] 1, Questioning 4, Research/Investigation 2, Science [Cryptography] 2, Smooth Talking 2, Storytelling 2 (Speeches +2), Writing [Advocacy] 1
- Garn suffers 1 additional point of endurance loss from any strenuous activity.
- Hand-to-hand combat tasks are at minus 1 penalty due to prosthetic leg.
Personal Possessions: Black suit and red bow tie, Cellphone, Kevlar Vest, Security Sedan, Taser (hand stunner), and Wrist Watch
Concept: Garn is a moderate republican congressman from Virgina, recruited in the 1980s after surviving an assassination attempt, and uses his influence to further the aims of the conspiracy.
- Ever since winning reelection, Garn has been receiving death threats, and just last week had three windows shot out of his Virgina home. Today he received a photograph of his grand daughter, Cyan, attending state university with cross hairs draw over her face and the words “she’ll pay,” written on the back.
- Recently, Garn paid private contractors to rescue his war correspondent grandson, Carmine, from the Taliban. He received word that the contractors were successful, but the plane carrying Carmine back to the United States disappeared off the radar moments after entering US airspace. Perhaps the plane is found crashed, with no contractors and no Carmine.
- Garn’s key cosponsor, Congressman Brown, on the Homeland Security Science and Technology Authorization bill disappears while out fishing in Lake Atsion in the New Jersey pinelands. With Brown’s absence, support for the bill wanes.
- While involved an operation for the cell, Garn thinks he sees his dead wife beckoning to him and follows her into the dark, far away from his fellow conspirators.
Political Platform (as requested):
- Defend workers’ rights to organize, form union caucuses, strike, and boycott.
- Ensure every combat soldier has body armor.
- Expansion and enforcement of job health and safety laws.
- Protect right to bear arms.
- Prohibit former elected and appointed officials from ever taking money from foreign governments or foreign interests.
- Promote funding in alternative and experimental energy sources to supplant dependence on foreign oil.
- Restoration of the right to vote for all citizens incarcerated in jails and prisons
- Vote on Saturdays and Sundays, so working people can get to the polls.
This message paid for by a Secure American Future